Snow Trek to Kedarkantha
₹ 6499/- p.p
Duration - 5 Days
Age - 16+
Season - Round the Year
Max Group Size - 11 people
Location - Sankri
Grade - Adventure
About This Trip
An awesome winter trek through snowy peaks and ridges, a Camping based adventure experience in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand. “The Kedarkantha trek” has much to offer for every adventure enthusiast looking for an awesome snow trek. The trails through snow filled forest and meadows offers great views of the Himalayas and if luck is on your side you might spot some wildlife as well. The snow filled landscapes and views that you’d want to capture forever makes this short 5-day trekking experience totally worth it, Soak the sun during the day and gear up for sub-zero temperatures at night. The Kedarkantha peak stands at 3800m and offers a good challenge to trekkers. On making the summit one gets a pure windy and picturesque experience with views of Har Ki Dun valley Dhauladhar range, Chansil pass, Rupin valley, Swargarohini peak, Bandar punch, Kalanag, Gangotri and Draupadi ka Danda.
During this amazing trip, you will experience the wildlife, temples, viewpoints, serene lakes, Museums & tea gardens, among others.
₹ 2,000/- per person
Day 01): Dehradun - Sankri [Drive/7 - 8 hrs, Distance 188kms/ 3 hrs]
- The thrilling trek towards Kedarkantha begins from Dehradun city. Our representative will be available to greet you up at Dehradun Railway station by 7:00 a.m. From here the journey begins.
- We will drive alongside the scenic views of river Yamuna and hill towns like Purola and Mori to reach Sankri at around 4:00 p.m.
- On arrival at Sankri check into your cozy little guest house.
- The day is yours to explore around the culture and local cuisines this place has to offer.
- Get back to your stay and have a good sleep as the day you waited for starts tomorrow
Day 02): Sankri - Juda [Trek: - 4 – 5 hrs]
- The actual trekking trip starts today after breakfast as today we trek upto our camping point Juda Ka Talab which is a 4 km trek and will take around 5 hours to complete.
- Crossing few streams and continuing through the trail and rising sharp through dense oaks we will reach the beautiful pictorial spot of Jadu Ka Talab.
- This stop is no less than a treat for photography lovers. We will halt here for the day and enjoy camping at this beautiful scenario.
Day 03): Juda – Kedarkantha Base / Shepherds’ Huts [ Trek: 3 – 4 hrs]
- After having morning breakfast it’s time to start our ascend towards Kedarkantha base which will take about 3 – 4 hours.
- Through dense forests of pine and oak trees, shepherd’s hut upon open meadows and the fascinating views of an arc-shaped range of snow-capped mountains comprising of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana showcasing their beauty we will
be reachKedarkantha Base by the day.
- After reaching the base, we will check into our camps upon the snow and enjoy a clear view of the night sky.
- We will enjoy the mesmerizing sunset today with scenic views of the mighty Himalayas and company of our fellow mates to get ready for the final climb tomorrow.
Day 04): Kedarkantha Base – Kedarkantha Summit and descend – Juda [Trek: 7-8 hrs]
- The day you long waited for is here as today we make our final climb towards the Kedarkantha summit.
- The day begins early with a filling breakfast and enjoying the sunrise from the Kedarkantha meadows which is simply pure and divine.
- Upon the
snowwe start our trek through the forest till its end, as the Kedarkantha peak becomes much closer and the vegetation goes away.
- From this
pointthe trek becomes a little difficult and can be a little strenuous especially for the first-time trekkers.
- Alas! Cheers as we have reached the summit, the final point we have long waited for. At an elevation of
12,500we stand tall to mark our presence and shout out aloud “We did it”.
- Resting a while we will start the descend back towards Juda where we will halt for the day.
- The day is yours to celebrate as we have completed what we came for.
Day 05: Juda - Sankri- Dehradun [Trek: 2 hrs/ Drive: 7-8hrs]
- Today, is the day we finally bid adieu to this serene Himalayan place. After, having a scrumptious breakfast pack your bags as we will start our descend towards Sankri.
- On the
wayone can mesmerize the final glimpses of Har Ki Dun valley and capture memories of this place one last time.
- We will reach Sankri at around 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. today.
- It’s time to bid adieu. The distance approximately takes about 8 hours to reach. Scenic ambience and lovely surroundings mark the roads back to Dehradun city.
- Our trip ends here
- Accommodation: in Homestay / Guest House / Alpine tents
- Meals:Meals starting from dinner on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 05. All meals will be Vegetarian
- Morning and evening refreshments
- Refreshment during the trek.
- Camping: Camping equipment’s like – tents, sleeping bags, toilet tents and mattress
- Professional guide(s) to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
- Fist Aid Kit and Medical Kit
- Forest Fee
- Travel between Delhi – Rishikesh – Delhi (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, sell cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like &ps, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.